Nutritional Composition : 7 Benefits of Bee Eggs for Chirping Birds and Lovebirds
Bees are insects that in their lifetime always flocked with other bees. Bees themselves have 3 types, namely Queen Bees, Male Bees and Worker Bees.
Queen bees only live to lay eggs and hatch all their eggs, in contrast to male bees who only live to breed with queen bees, but when they are finished breeding, male bees will die. For worker bees, they only live to always accompany the queen bee and are tasked with finding honey to meet the needs of all bees.
Know About Bee Insects
The bees themselves belong to the Apidae family, the Ordo Hymenoptera or commonly referred to as membrane-winged insects. In parts of the world except the Antarctic continent there are 20 thousand species of this bee type insect.
Bees have two pairs of legs and also two pairs of wings that can nest on hills, branches of trees or on roofs of houses. The beehive itself is made from propolis or sap from trees or also uses wax made from the glands of young queen bees.
Bees themselves only consume honey, nectar and pollen. Bee metamorphosis is a perfect metamorphosis, which starts with an egg, becomes a caterpillar in the form of a larva, then a cocoon and ends up as a bee.
The eggs that hatch into larvae will be fed by worker bees with nectar or honey so that the larvae will pupate and turn into young bees.
Benefits of Bee Eggs for Bird Food
Not only the honey produced by bees has many benefits, but bee eggs also have important benefits for pets such as chirping birds. Some chirping birds can also be given bee egg food such as pleci, stone magpie, kacer bird etc.
Providing bee egg food for chirping birds has been developing slowly but surely. Currently, many chirping bird fans from several countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, China, etc., provide bee eggs as food for their chirping birds.
Giving bee eggs or larvae is a very special food, because according to them, giving food in the form of bee eggs is very good for adding maximum stamina to their chirping birds when appearing during a race.
Bee eggs actually contain more protein and vitamins than some bird feed that is usually sold in the market. Here are some of the benefits of bee eggs for chirping bird food.
1. Increase stamina in chirping birds
2. Improve mental and also the nature of the fight in birds chirping when doing competitions
3. Able to recover chirping birds that are tired due to stress when traveling
4. Make birds chirp more regularly
5. Increase energy to maintain maximum health of birds
6. Able to cope with overweight birds
7. Can stabilize birds that experience excessive lust
For the kacer bird, giving bee eggs turns out to be able to increase the heat temperature in his body so that it increases the spirit of a strong fighter. In addition, giving bee eggs is also able to increase emotions and mentality to the kacer bird so that when it is suitable, it is given when going to a contest or race.
However, there are some things you need to pay attention to when giving bee eggs to your favorite kacer bird. Do not give too many bee eggs, because it can make the kacer bird feathers fall because the heat generated is higher than the Hong Kong caterpillar.
That is why giving bee eggs is highly recommended for kacer birds who are entering their moult. Because at that time the kacer bird feathers will quickly fall out.
Nutritional Composition in Bee Eggs
Inside the bee eggs contain nutrients and nutrients which are of course very good for chirping birds, some of the compositions are as follows.
- Energy as much as 250 calories
- 64.8 Calories of Protein
- Fat 64.8 Calories
- Carbohydrates totaling 120.8 calories
- 42 nanograms of Vitamin A Retinol
- Vitamin E Alpha Tocopherol As much as 1 mg
- 4 nanograms of Vitamin K
- Vitamin B1 A total of 0.17 mg
- Vitamin B2 As much as 1.22 mg
- Vitamin B6 A total of 0.04 mg
- Vitamin B12 A total of 0.1 nanograms
- Niacin As much as 3.8 mg
- Folic Acid As much as 0.52 mg
- Pantothenic Acid as much as 0.52 mg
- As much as 680 mg of sodium
- Magnesium As much as 24 mg
- Potassium As much as 110 mg
- Phosphorus As much as 110 mg
- Iron as much as 3 mg
- Copper as much as 0.36 mg
- Manganese As much as 0.76 mg
- Zinc as much as 1.7 mg
Benefits of Nutritional Content in Bee Eggs
1. Vitamin A in bee eggs is very useful for maintaining healthy eyesight of chirping birds. But this has a negative side if given in excess, because it can make the bird's eyes swell and the bird's legs become waxy, this is often the case with new magpies.
2. Vitamin B1 is very useful for maintaining the health of the nervous system and muscles in birds to prevent polyneuritis. Polyneuritis is a disease caused by inflammation in birds that causes seizures and body weakness.
3. Vitamin B2 is very useful for producing energy in birds and also preventing cataracts in chirping birds. In addition, other benefits of Vitamin B2 in bee eggs are to maintain the quality of eggs in the mother.
4. Vitamin B6 is very useful for maintaining healthy skin, blood and nervous system in chirping birds.
5. Vitamin B12 is also useful for maintaining eye health and also the skin of chirping birds so that their health is always maintained.
6. Vitamin K in bee eggs is very important for maintaining healthy bones in birds, so that it can prevent crooked bones in birds caused by a deficiency of Vitamin K.
7. Vitamin B3 is a vitamin that is very useful for maintaining healthy skin and maintaining the digestive system while absorbing protein from other bird feed.
Bee eggs that still contain larvae can only be found in the hive, and to get them is of course very difficult in urban areas, that's why use bee eggs only as a food additive. Give 1-2 pieces of chicks every morning and evening.
To get the benefits of bee eggs, give it together with other foods such as crickets or Hong Kong caterpillars. Those are some of the benefits of bee eggs as chirping bird food. Regards