7 Benefits and Side Effects of Mahogany Fruit for Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease caused by high levels of sugar in the blood. For diabetes sufferers, of course they have to be smart in choosing the food they will consume, because if it is wrong it can cause sugar levels to rise again.
Diabetes if not paid close attention can cause several other diseases. If a person has been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes there is no cure other than improving their diet and lifestyle. However, there are some foods or drinks that can lower blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Mahogany Fruit for Diabetes Patients
As I explained earlier that a cure for diabetes sufferers has not yet been found, but there are many ways to lower your blood sugar levels. On this occasion I will provide herbal therapy by consuming mahogany in the form of tea or other.
Read Also : 15 Health Benefits of Mahogany Fruit
1. Contains High Antioxidants
According to research by health experts, the mahogany seeds contain flavonoids. Flavonoids are one type of antioxidant that is very widely found in herbal plants, including mahogany seeds. The benefits of antioxidants that are most often encountered are being able to prevent free radicals, but for diabetics, antioxidants are very effective in preventing complications from disease.
2. Contains Anti-Inflammatory
Diabetics are very susceptible to complications, it occurs because of inflammation when blood sugar levels are rising. Mahogany fruit does contain flavonoids which can also function as anti-inflammatory which can overcome and prevent inflammation. In addition, inflammation is also a source of chronic disease.
3. Controlling Blood Sugar Levels
According to research by health experts and also the belief of local residents, mahogany is indeed very effective in keeping sugar levels stable. Apart from having to be careful in choosing food or drinks, it is advisable to consume mahogany so that sugar levels remain normal.
4. Balancing the pH of the body
If your body's pH is too high or too low, it can certainly cause new diseases for diabetics. Because for diabetes sufferers, of course they have to take care of their bodies so that they don't easily notice complications. In mahogany fruit, Alkali is high enough so that it is able to maintain the pH in the body of diabetics so they are not susceptible to disease.
5. Increase Appetite
When diabetics consume drugs given by doctors sometimes have side effects, namely difficulty eating. In fact, people with diabetes still have to get nutrition and vitamins so that the immune system works optimally. By consuming mahogany regularly, it is also very effective in increasing appetite.
6. Controlling Cholesterol Levels
Cholesterol is a disease that often attacks diabetics. Because mostly when someone has diabetes they will also be susceptible to cholesterol. Consuming mahogany regularly is able to reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
7. Blood Circulation
Cholesterol is one of the causes for a person to experience heart disease, it is caused by high levels of sugar in the blood, causing complications. So it is no longer a secret that diabetics also often experience heart disease. Mahogany fruit contains flavonoids which function to improve blood circulation to keep it stable, and also maximize heart function and performance so as not to cause several heart diseases such as strokes and heart attacks.
Mahogany Fruit Side Effects
Mahogany fruit if consumed in the right dosage and amount will certainly not have side effects, but there are a few things you need to know when you are going to add mahogany as a herbal therapy for diabetics.
- Mahogany fruit has a very bitter taste, so it can cause nausea for those of you who are trying it for the first time, but it is highly recommended to add a sweetener, because in addition to its benefits, the sweetener content will be able to trigger sugar levels to rise. You can also add honey as a natural sweetener, but in small amounts, because honey contains sucrose which can also cause sugar levels to rise.
- To keep sugar levels stable, you can consume mahogany seeds. However, it should be noted that mahogany seeds contain high saponins, if a person consumes too many saponins it can cause kidney disease. So it is highly recommended to determine the dosage, so that it is not consumed excessively.
- The situation of each person is different, therefore it is highly recommended not to consume mahogany along with sugar-lowering drugs, because it can cause sugar levels to drop.
To get maximum results for lowering sugar levels, you should consult with your doctor in order to get the right dose. So that it does not cause new health problems for diabetics. Regards